Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Smartphone can now be updated with the latest official XXLSZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Samsung recently started rolling out an OTA update about the firmware. The latest firmware build version number is N7000XXLSZ. The Galaxy Note N7000 was released back in the year 2011 with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean from a long. Samsung is yet to release Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or later Android version for the device. Samsung already released many firmware update for the device and here we have the latest available firmware for GT-N7000. If you own the device and not yet updated this latest firmware, then update the same using our simple tutorial below. The below guide will help you to download and install the N7000XXLSZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware manually through Odin.
"The firmware is released only for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 model, so don’t try this in any other android device. Check your device model number from Settings-About Phone. Also the tutorial is based on Windows PC. Follow all the pre-requisites, procedures and steps carefully to avoid breaking your phone".
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean N7000XXLSZ Official Firmware Download List
Samsung rolled out the firmware for the folloNoteg countries. The firmware which are unbranded or not locked to any carrier, no matter of which country or region, can be flashed on any Galaxy Note GT-N7000 model.
[Firmware for rest of the countries and carrier will be added here when available]
- Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging
- Backup important data and settings to external storage- follow this guide
- Install USB driver for your device on your computer- Download Samsung USB Driver
Points to be noted:
- If you are using any Custom ROM such as- CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, AOKP, SLIM ROMs etc, then it’ll replaced by this official Stock ROM
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) will be replaced by Stock Recovery
- After flashing official firmware, your device will no longer belongs to rooted device. However you can root your device any time after flashing the firmware.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Galaxy Note N7000 through Odin:
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ Firmware for Galaxy Note N7000 from the above list
- Download Odin 3.07
- Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Note N7000 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded Odin3.07 zip file and run the Odin3 v3.07.exe file as an administrator (Right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy Note N7000 to your computer via USB cable
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5
- In Odin screen, click on PDA button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: N7000XXDLJ5_N7000ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
- Your phone should automatically reboot after completion
- You can now disconnect your phone from computer